Перейти на английский язык Перейти на русский язык
E-mail:  info@new-wave-pattaya.com  

Visas for Thailand

Unfortunately or luckily, but a purchase of a real-estate property in the Kingdom of Thailand does not resolve the necessity to obtain a long-term visa, as it can sometimes be, for instance in some European countries. On the other hand, Thai visa policy is very loyal so that a long-term permit for staying in the country would not cost you too much effort.

Russian citizens are granted a month-long visa free of charge upon entering the country. In order to prolong the visa for the next month, it is sufficient to cross the border with one of the neighboring countries, of which Cambodia is the nearest, and then re-enter Thailand. Such a round trip outside Thailand and back will cost you ca. 2,000 baht. The only issue that may arise is that you will eventually run out of empty pages in your travel passport. But a Russian citizen can only apply for a new Russian passport while residing in Thailand only in the case if he or she owns a NON-type visa. As a matter of fact, it is much more reasonable to apply for a tourist visa in the Thai Embassy in Laos and issue a single- or a double-entry visa which is valid for 3 or 6 month, respectively. The visa fee is 2,000 baht, but you also have to sum it up with the transportation and accommodation costs for at least two days.

NON-B type visa (business visa)

In order to apply a year-long visa, one has to conclude a working contract with a company registered in Thailand. The company is supposed to first arrange a business visa for you and afterwards to obtain a work permit. The entire procedure lasts for about 1.5-2 months and is rather costly for the employer, e.g. 100,000 baht per employee; hence many companies prefer to hire their stuff illegally. With this in mind, we advise you to make sure that the employer is willing to follow the legal procedure of obtaining a business visa and a work permit. By the way, both document are only valid for a year, and afterwards one can ask for prolongation. Rather often one has to depart from Thailand and then apply for a visa in a Thai Embassy abroad, for instance in Laos or Malaysia, by submitting a document package collected at the workplace. Another option is to start your own business in Thailand and obtain a business visa and a work permit on the premises of being a company owner. In this case it has to be taken into account that 51% of the company’s stock must be owned by Thai citizens, although the proper handling of the company’s foundation documents ensures that the abovementioned ownership is only nominal. Please notice as well that the ratio between Thai and foreign personnel has to be 4 to 1 in favor of the former.

NON-ED type visa (student visa)

The most spread type of the residence permit among foreigners living in Thailand is a student visa. One can study, for instance, a foreign language, English and Thai being the most popular options. The visa charges, including the visa prolongation in a year in the Immigration Office, comprise ca. 30,000 baht. Lots of language schools provide a service of obtaining a student visa for your and the payment is done by non-interest installments. In order to submit visa documents for the first time, one needs to depart to Laos and submit the visa package prepared by the school over there. A 90-days visa costs about 2,000 baht, whereas the visa prolongation in a local Immigration office will costs 1,900 baht. If you want to leave Thailand and then come back, 1,000 baht will be charged for the re-entry. Usually visa charges and document preps are included in the payment plans of many schools.

NON-Otype visa (caregiver visa)

Children below 14 years do not require a visa for staying in Thailand. Nevertheless if your child is attending a Thai school, you are allowed to apply for a caregiver visa of the aforementioned type. Please notice that only one of the two parents of a child can be granted such a visa. The visa is being typically issued within 1.5-2 months and costs about 50,000 baht. In the future it can be prolonged on a yearly basis without a requirement to depart from Thailand. On the other hand, in order to apply for a NON-O type visa one has to submit a Thai bank statement confirming the availability of 500,000 baht on your account during at least 3 months.

NON-O type visa (renter’s visa)

People above 50 years old can apply for a long-term visa of this type without a necessity to leave the country. In order to do that you, however, have to confirm that a lump sum of 800,000 baht is placed on your account in a Thai bank for at least 3 months. After the end of this term money can be spent without any constraints. The visa payment is relatively low, about 3,000-4,000 baht. Initially you will get a stamp valid for 1 month only, but afterwards it will be prolong for another year.

NON-O type visa (family visa)

This visa type is suited for those married to a Thai citizen. In order to submit an application you have to confirm that the amount of at least 400,000 baht is available on your Thai bank account for 2 months, or otherwise to prove your monthly income of at least 40,000 baht. Moreover, immigration officers may pay you a visit in order to verify the status of your marriage. In case of a falsified affair, the visa will not be granted. On the other hand, the procedure is significantly facilitated if the couple has common children.

Понравилось? Спасибо, тогда поделитесь с друзьями:

Спецпредложение недвижимости в Паттайе